Transport and Planning working group
The Planning and Transport working group will look to work with organisations, including Gosport Borough Council, to raise awareness and share best practice on the carbon impact of travel and planning. We will facilitate actions to reduce carbon emissions, working with businesses, residents and other organisations.
Tasks will be decided by the working group but could include:
- Building a picture of our transport impact across the borough.
- Working with workplaces and housing associations to see progress on travel plans and offer support.
- Working with HCC to understand the carbon impact of the school run in the Borough and actions that could encourage walking, cycling, and wheeling to school.
- Looking at best practice in planning to support GBC as they update the Local Plan.
- Signposting national or regional grant funding to organisations (for cycle storage, e-bikes, e-vehicle charging, etc.).
The working group will initially be looking at the updated HCC Local Transport Plan (LTP) and its impact on Gosport, including:
- Identifying things we could be doing in Gosport to make the most of opportunities provided by the LTP.
- Engaging with HCC as they produce the final version.
- Engaging with HCC on development of an area strategy for the Solent region (focusing on Gosport, Fareham and Havant) - one of the priority areas identified in the LTP.