Anti Social Behaviour
Housing Authorities and other social landlords have certain powers to deal with anti-social behaviour. The following links to policies and procedures, the 'Statement' and 'Summary' documents, outline the Housing Service commitment to tackling anti-social behaviour and have been produced in consultation with the Residents and Councillors from the Anti-Social Behaviour Forum.
The Housing Service firmly believes that by being flexible in our response to anti-social behaviour, we will proactively apply a variety of appropriate solutions, sometimes simultaneously, and assist in working towards a better quality of life for our residents.
- - outlines the Housing Services general statement and commitments to dealing with anti-social behaviour;
- Dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour - A Summary - summaries the Housing Services general statement and our policies and procedures for dealing with anti-social behaviour;
- - outlines the underlying principles to taking enforcement action, the tools and methods available, and the procedures for using them;
- - outlines the underlying principles to be applied when dealing with issues of racial harassment and the solutions to dealing with cases of this nature;
- - outlines our policy and strategic commitments when dealing with reported incidents of domestic abuse with consideration to all relevant legislation surrounding such issues, and the procedures for the management of such cases;
- - outlines our approach to support all parties involved within cases of anti-social behaviour, using support as a means to amend behaviour, and the effective management of such cases within working practices;
- - Outlines the principles for using the media to promote our message to the public and develop the public image of the Housing Service in dealing with anti-social behaviour, and the procedures for considering cases to be publicised.
If you are experiencing any anti-social behaviour you can complete a . The log sheets are used by the Council as part of formal proceedings against the person causing the problem. If you need help to complete the form, please telephone the Housing Services on 023 9254 5665. Please return any forms to:
If your problem persist, then please contact the Neighbourhood Management Team.
List of contacts within Housing Services (and other useful contacts)
|Neighbourhood Management Team||023 9254 5665|
|Hampshire Police||0845 045 4545|
|Community Safety Team||023 9254 5421|
|Environmental Health Section (GBC)||023 9254 5506|
|Citizens Advice Bureau||02392 520112|
|Victim Support||0845 3899528|