Toggle menu

Fly Tipping

Facebook logo
Twitter logo
Instagram logo

Fly Tipping
Householders beware. When arranging private waste removal, it's your responsibility to ask collectors to produce a 'waste carriers licence', and to give you a 'waste transfer note' for items collected. You should also obtain a receipt for money given. Fly tipped waste traced to you could result in your prosecution. 

The Council is responsible for the clearing of fly tips on adopted highways and Council owned land. If the fly tipping has occurred on private land, the landlord or tenant is responsible for removing the illegally dumped waste.

Incidents of fly tipping should be reported to Streetscene using the online form here or by calling 08000 198 598.

Often fly tipping/dumping of rubbish occurs on private land that does not fall to the responsibility of the Local Authority to clear. Many rear passageways are private property that are the shared responsibility of all residents who benefit from the access. Consequently the duty to maintain them falls to the residents.

If you have household rubbish to dispose of that cannot be put out with your regular collection, this can be taken to the local Household Waste Recycling Centre free of charge. Alternatively, the Council offers a Bulky Household Waste Collections service, or you could employ a private contractor to collect your waste and dispose of this safely.

Gosport Borough Council has a zero tolerance policy towards fly tipping and will consider prosecuting all cases of fly tipping within the Borough boundary.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email