Toggle menu

Help to Grow Gosport

Help to Grow: Management Course (Gosport) for business growth

The University of Portsmouth's fully-funded 'Help to Grow: Management Course' is coming to Gosport!

image of Help to Grow management course training room

It supports senior managers of small and medium sized businesses to boost their business's performance, resilience and long-term growth.

What does it involve?

image promoting the Help to Grow Gosport management course start date and venue

The practical programme takes place over 3 months from September to November 2024, with both online and in-person sessions alongside peer support and mentoring. The course covers strategies for growth and innovation; leading high performance teams and digital transformation; as well as financial management and responsible business practices.

Participants will hear from inspirational business leaders, learn alongside local peers and learn from like-minded leaders with bespoke peer-to-peer networking sessions. By the end of the programme you will develop a bespoke business growth plan to help you lead your business to release its potential.

There are no assessments and no exams and it is designed to be taken alongside full-time work. The in-person sessions will take place at the Imagination Refinery in the town centre's High Street.

What's the deal?

The course is 90% government funded with a bursary from the University of Portsmouth covering the other 10%. Therefore the only cost to you is the time involved in participating in the programme.

To be eligible to join the Help to Grow: Management Course, your business can be from any sector but must:

  • Be a small or medium sized enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom.
  • Employ between 5 and 249 people.
  • Have been operational for at least one year.
  • Not be a charity.

To join the course the applicant must:

  • Be a senior decision maker e.g. Chief Executive, Managing Director, Finance Director, Operations Director etc. or somebody with line management responsibility.
  • Commit to completing all the sessions within the course programme.


The 'Help to Grow' Gosport cohort begins in September 2024, with the onboarding and induction session taking place on Tuesday 3rd September and the first module on Tuesday 10th September.

More details of the dates and links to register via

image promoting the Help to Grow management course Gosport cohort


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email