Toggle menu

Housing Compliments and Complaints



If you have experienced help or had especially good service, you can compliment our staff. Just fill in the form below and let us know.

Compliments form


The Housing Service aims to provide good quality, cost effective services, but recognises that, at times, things can go wrong. If they do, we need to know so we can put them right and learn from them.

The Housing Service uses the Housing Ombudsman's definition of a complaint, which is:

an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the Council, our staff, or those acting on the Council's behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents.

Below we explain the procedures available to you if you consider that we have failed:

  • to provide a service
  • to be courteous
  • in our standard of work
  • in our administration of procedures
  • to adhere to our rules or regulations
  • to provide you with correct information
  • to treat you fairly and promptly


What should I do if I am unhappy with the service I have received?

The best way to sort out a problem is by raising the issue with the person you have been dealing with or their immediate line manager.  At this stage we think those people who deliver the service are best placed to resolve an issue.

We can usually sort out mistakes and misunderstandings quickly and informally at this stage.

If you have been unable to resolve your service enquiry at the informal stage then you can move to the next stage as set out below.

Stage One

To raise a formal complaint:

We will acknowledge your complaint within five working days, then investigate and respond within ten working days.

Stage Two

If you feel that your complaint has not been resolved at Stage One, you can request to escalate your complaint to Stage Two. You do not have to state your reason for escalation, but It would help us investigate your complaint if you set out why you are not satisfied and what you expect from a further review. 

We will acknowledge your Stage Two complaint within five working days, then investigate and respond within twenty working days.

If you have been through all stages of our complaints procedure and you remain dissatisfied, you can ask the Housing Ombudsman to review your complaint.  Please see further information and contact details for this free service below.


Housing Ombudsman

The Housing Ombudsman Service aims to provide a fair and effective way of dealing with complaints against member landlords from their tenants.

All responses to a complaint will make reference to your right to access the Housing Ombudsman Service at any stage of the complaint process.  The Housing Ombudsman is completely independent of the Council and is free of charge.

The Housing Ombudsman will support complaint resolutions between you and us and will formally investigate a complaint. We will co-operate fully with all requests from the Housing Ombudsman to support them in their findings and comply with the Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code.

If you have been through all stages of the complaints procedure and remain dissatisfied with the response or at any stage you feel we have not handled your complaint in line with our policy, you can ask the Housing Ombudsman and they may be able to investigate how we dealt with the matter.

The address of the Ombudsman is:

Housing Ombudsman Service

PO BOX 1484

Unit D


PR2 0ET             

Telephone: 0300 111 3000                                                                              

Housing Ombudsman  

















Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email