Reporting a repair
Since the Covid-19 crisis started, and the UK went into lockdown, GBC has been operating a very restricted emergency only repairs service to council tenants.
We are aware that this may have been frustrating to tenants, but the decision was taken to ensure the safety of everyone.
We are now in a position to expand the types of repair that can be carried out.
The overriding guidance is still that the repair can be undertaken safely (operative and resident), that the repair is essential and it is not proportionate to wait indefinitely for the repair ie any compliance related repairs or there is a consequence of not doing it.
Examples of the types of repairs that can be carried out include:
· Communal doors, lighting, and boundary fences
· External Repairs to individual dwellings
o Broken gates
o Missing fencing panels
o Drainage issues
o Gutter clearances
· Internal works to individual dwellings that it is not proportional to leave long term
o WC repairs where there is a second WC
o Broken window catches
o Mould treatments/anti-fungal wash
· Some electrical repairs in dwellings
· Compliance works
o Works to electrical intake doors
o Fire doors to communal areas
o Water temperature testing
o Communal EICRs
Repairs that require multiple visits or in multiple rooms will not be carried out. No work purely of a decorative or cosmetic nature will be carried out.
Please be aware that requests for repairs inside your property will be assessed on a case by case basis to ensure they can be carried out safely.
You can report a Housing repair in the following ways:
- By phoning Kier on free phone 0800 028 0835 (number available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) Please note: calls to this number from a mobile may be charged.
- By texting non urgent repairs to Kier on 07786 204386 with your name, address and contact number, and if possible a brief explanation of the problem and someone will call you back
- By emailing Kier on firstname.lastname@example.org
Kier Repairs Smart Phone Application Launches in Gosport
Kier in Gosport has launched an exclusive Smartphone application - the Kier Repairs App. The free to download app will enable Gosport tenants, eligible for Kier's repairs and maintenance to report repairs directly using their Smartphone.
With half of nearly all adults in the UK now estimated to use a Smartphone (around 40 million people) the free Kier Repairs App, will provide eligible Kier customers with even more choice in how and when they can report a responsive repair.
If you want to talk to someone about any other repairs and maintenance issue, please contact the Property Services Team at the Town Hall on 023 9254 5289