What is Sheltered Housing?
Sheltered housing is specifically designed, rented accommodation provided by the Council for older people who would like to remain independent in their own homes, but prefer the added security that sheltered housing has to offer. In Gosport, the minimum age to be eligible for sheltered housing is 60.
The Council owns 5 sheltered housing schemes which are all connected to an emergency call system linked to a 24 hour staff control centre. An operative from the control centre will respond to your call promptly and if necessary will arrange the support and assistance that you require. This includes contacting a friend or relative that you have nominated.
Older Persons Support Officers are based at our schemes and they are available to:
- Help you settle into your new home
- Provide 24 hour response to emergencies
- Liaise with other agencies to ensure you get any support you require
- Promote social activities
- Give advice about benefits and other local services
What Sheltered Housing is available?
For full details on each scheme, please click on the links below: