Foster Gardens is situated close to the junction of Anglesey Road and Foster Road in a dipped area of land that forms a nice sheltered spot for some formal gardens.
Until the site of Foster Gardens was drained in 1920's it was an area of marsh ground known as Kings Bottom, the land was then turned into a gardens and named Foster Gardens in 1934. It retains some of the original features today along with the addition of a pergola that is planted with climbing roses. The main original features are still the same and can be seen in some old film from the 1950's.
The planting has changed over time with the removal of rose beds and movement of annual beds. In 2004 a major refurbishment of the planting took place to open up the views through to the gardens from Foster Road and include plants from the Mediterranean and California that thrive in drier conditions. These give the shrub beds an exotic appearance mixed with the existing trees which include a glorious 'Weeping Willow'.
Another feature in the Gardens are the flower beds that are planted with annual bedding schemes that bring a splash of colour and make a good back drop for wedding photographs.