Forton Recreation Ground
Forton Recreation Ground was established between 1874 and 1898 and originally occupied the land on the West of the existing ground from the East side of the bowling club to Coulmere Road. The land was reclaimed from Forton Creek that was drained in the mid to late 19th C.
Over time, through several incarnations, the area of the recreation ground expanded and at various times included a paddling pool and tennis courts before the current footprint of the ground arose by 1991.
Forton Recreation Ground is designed to provide large open areas allowing for a range of activities, permanent on site activities are provided by a play area and Zip slide aimed at a young age range along with the multi games unit, there is also a bowling green.
Good footpaths with lighting link Dukes Road with Forton Road, Coulmere Road and Parklands Terrace
To report damaged equipment please call Streetscene on 08000 198598 or fill in a damage report here.
If you have any enquiries, please contact Streetscene on 08000 198 598 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org