Gosport has 10 allotment sites in locations the borough. So wherever you live in Gosport, an allotment site should not be far away.
Applying for an allotment:
- View allotment locations on the above map click on the flower icon and discover allotment locations, number of plots etc, choose up to three sites you are interested in.
- Complete an application form online
Register your interest by:
- e-mailing email@example.com
- Telephone 08000 198598
- In writing to Streetscene, Gosport Borough Council, Town Hall, High Street, Gosport, PO12 1EB
Fees from January to December
As per Section 30(2) of the Small Holdings and Allotments Act 1908 (as amended) if payment is not received within forty days of the Invoice issue date, Gosport Borough Council will issue a written Notice of Termination of Tenancy Agreement in relation to the unpaid rent of the Allotment Plot concerned. At the expiration of 28 days after the Notice has been served the Allotment Plot concerned will be reallocated to the next person on the waiting list.
Q) Who can apply?
A) Anyone over 18 who lives in the Borough of Gosport can apply for an allotment.
- To show your interest in an allotment you need to either contact Streetscene on 08000 198598, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or write to StreetScene, Gosport Borough Council, Town Hall, High Street, Gosport, PO12 1EB
- You will be contacted to arrange a time to visit and view an allotment plot.
- When you have been allocated a plot you will be issued two tenancy agreements both need to be signed, one to be signed and returned to Gosport Borough Council, Streetscene Department, the other kept for your records.
- Enquiries can be made via the warden in person (at the sites that have wardens) at the allotment site and by contacting the warden who's details are published on the site noticeboard or direct to Gosport Borough Council on 08000 198598 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skips are provided twice per year in October and March.
- Waiting lists are available for all facilities where all plots are tenanted.
- The main tracks within allotment sites are council maintained