Self-Build Homes Register
The Government wants to enable more people to build their own home. The Council is compiling a register of people who want to build their own home. If the Council becomes aware of any serviced plots of land that may be suitable for self builders it will contact those who have expressed an interest. A 'serviced plot of land' is a plot that has access to a public highway and connections for electricity, water and waste water.
To be included on the register, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be aged 18 or over;
- You must be a British citizen or a national of an EEA State other than the UK or Switzerland.
- You must be seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land to build a house to occupy as that your sole or main residence.
If you are an association, each of your members must meet the above criteria.
If you wish to be included on the register please send the following details (as required by Government Regulations) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date of birth
- Telephone Number
- Email address
- Site requirements
- Confirmation that you are seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land to build a house to occupy as that your sole or main residence
- Name and address of that association
- Name and address, date of birth and nationality of each member of the association
- Name and address (if different from the address of the association) of the lead contact
- Confirmation that each member of the association is seeking (either alone or with others) seeking to acquire a serviced plot of land to build a house to occupy as that individual's sole or main residence
- Number of serviced plots of land the members of the association are seeking to acquire.
Once you have supplied the required information, the Council will determine your application for inclusion on the register within 28 days and you will be notified of the outcome within 28 days of the Council making a decision. If your application is refused, you will be told the reason(s) for this.
An individual or association entered on the register may apply to amend or remove their entry at any time. If an individual or association ceases to meet the criteria above, the Council may remove their entry but must notify them of this with its reasons for doing so.