2022 Borough of Gosport Elections
Gosport Borough Council Elections for all Electoral Wards are being held on Thursday 05 May 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: Following the completion of the Electoral Review for Gosport by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England, these elections held in Gosport will be 'all out' elections, as all Elected Members/Councillors will retire and will be required to seek re-election due to the changes to the Electoral Wards.
Please check your Poll Card when it is delivered to see where you will need to go on Thursday 05 May 2022 to cast your vote in the ballot box, or you can use the Democracy Club post code lock up if you prefer.
Key dates and deadlines for voters at this election:
- Monday 14 March & Tuesday 15 March at 6:00pm - Prospective Candidates and Election Agents Briefing for the Borough of Gosport Elections ~ please click here to open the form to reserve your place for this briefing
- Wednesday 23 March - poll cards delivery starts
- Thursday 14 April - postal votes (1st batch) issued ~ to all Service voters with BPFO addresses and Crown employees overseas
- Thursday 21 April - postal votes (2nd batch) issued ~ all Postal Vote applications received before 4:00pm on Monday 28 March will be included in this issue
- Thursday 14 April - register to vote by 11:59pm if you're not already registered
- Tuesday 19 April - 5:00pm deadline to submit completed application to vote by post or postal proxy
- Friday 22 April - postal votes (3rd batch) issued~ all Postal Vote applications received between 4:00pm on Monday 28 March and midday on Tuesday 12 April will be included in this issue
- Wednesday 27 April - postal votes (4th and final batch) issued ~ all Postal Vote applications received between midday on Tuesday 12 April and 5:00pm on Tuesday 19 April will be included in this issue
- Tuesday 26 April - 5:00pm deadline to submit completed application to vote by appointing a proxy
- Thursday 28 April - first day to issue replacement lost and spoilt postal votes
- Thursday 05 May - Polling Day (Polling station open 7:00am until 10:00pm)
- Thursday 05 May - last chance to replace lost or spoilt postal votes is 5:00pm
- Thursday 05 May - last chance to apply for emergency proxy vote is 5:00pm (conditions apply)
Absent Voting Information and Application Forms:
- Postal Vote information and application form (Electoral Commission website)
- Proxy Vote information and application forms (Electoral Commission website)
- Emergency Proxy Vote information and application forms (Electoral Commission website)
- (Published at 10:00am on Wednesday 23 March 2022)
- (Published by 4:30pm on Tuesday 05 April 2022)
- (Published by 4:00pm on Wednesday 06 April 2022 ~ if no objections)
- (Published by 10:00am on Tuesday 26 April 2022)
- Declaration of Result of Poll for the Borough of Gosport elections - the results will be published here following the verbal Declaration of Result made by the Returning Officer
Any questions or queries on the administration of the Borough of Gosport elections, please contact Graeme Jesty, the Returning Officer, on 023 9254 5227 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.