Following the latest government Coronavirus advice, which includes minimising social contact, Gosport Borough Council is taking the sensible precaution to protect the public by reducing non-essential council services. The decision has been taken to close Gosport Borough Council managed buildings. Our duty of care to residents remains our main concern, which is why we're focusing attention on keeping essential services going.
This means our priorities are: Continuity of care, Supporting vulnerable people, Maintaining the local economy
Do you need help or support or want to volunteer? Click here
If you are experiencing any financial difficulties, please contact the relevant section using the contact details below.
Businesses - for advice and guidance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 584242
Status of services:
- Town Hall - Telephone: 02392 584242 - the Town Hall is closed and Gosport Borough Council managed buildings are closed to the public.
- Council Tax - email: email@example.com
and firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02392 545470
- Benefits - www.gosport.gov.uk/benefits or telephone 02392 545325
- Housing Needs and Advice: 02392 545476
- Out of Hours Service: 02392 584242
- Neighbourhood Housing: 02392 545665
- Leasehold and Right to Buy: 02392 584242
- Older Persons Services: 02392 545453
- Emergency repairs: 0800 028 0835
- Property Services: 02392 545289
- Licensing and Environmental Health - phone 01329 824369 or email: email@example.com
- Planning - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recycling and rubbish- there may be some reductions to the normal service. Any changes will be detailed on the website. Email: email@example.com or telephone 08000 198598
- The Government guidance on businesses that should no longer be operatating is available here to report a business continuing to operate please click here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events on Council land - Please see here for updates on event scheduled to take place on Council land.
Information in another Language
The government has translated the guidance for self-isolation and social distancing into the following languages:
The links are here: