Festive fun in Gosport town centre on Saturday
Plenty of free festive fun is planned for Gosport's town centre on Saturday [18 December], including live music, street performers and a giant snow globe.
The snow globe is scheduled to be near the Town Hall from 11am to 3pm. Two of Santa's elves will be welcoming visitors to a magical snowy scene inside the globe. It's free, and all visitors need to do is to bring a phone or a camera.
Here's a rundown of the day's programme:
- 10am onwards - children's funfair rides (no more than £2 per ride)
- 10am to 2pm - craft bus. Free activities, suitable for young children, making Christmas cards and decorations.
- 11am to 3pm - snow globe photo opportunity. Grab an amazing selfie or ask Santa's elves to take your picture.
- 11.30am and 1.30pm - look out for the Christmas Fairy stilt walker in the High Street, and Ice Men showing off their street performance trickery. (Each performance about 45 minutes.)
- 12noon to 12.30pm - live music in front of the Town Hall begins with the Big Noise Samba Band drumming up a storm.
- 12.40pm to 1.10pm - Twisted Fiddle bring an uptempo mix of folk, Irish reel and acoustic music.
- 1.20pm to 2pm - That's ShowBisney perform songs from favourite films such as Aladdin, Mary Poppins and Frozen.
That's ShowBisney were booked as headliners at the council's Christmas lights switch-on show, which was due to take place last month but had to be cancelled because of dangerously high winds.
The Leader of Gosport Borough Council, Cllr Graham Burgess, said: "We've had this day planned for a while, but now it will also include some of the attractions due at the switch-on show.
"It's the last Saturday before Christmas, with people feeling festive, so it should be a great atmosphere. Everyone's welcome to come down to the town centre, have a browse round the High Street and Stoke Road and have some fun and entertainment too."
All events are subject to government covid guidelines at the time, and weather conditions. Visit the Discover Gosport Facebook page for the latest information.