Gosport Voluntary Action (GVA) and Gosport Borough Council (GBC) are working together to co-ordinate a community response to COVID-19. We are working with key local partners so that we have a co-ordinated effort across our borough to organise volunteers and support those who need help.

Please get in touch if:

· you are currently isolated at home and need some practical support and have no one else to help you

· you are fit and well and would like to volunteer to support others

· you are an organisation offering support and need resources or volunteers

Contact us by:

· visiting

· phoning the Community Helpline 02392 545588(Lines open Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

For more local information contact:

Gosport Borough Council

Phone 02392 584242


Hampshire County Council

Phone 0300 555 1386

Gosport Voluntary Action

Phone 02392 583836

Hampshire County Council

A new helpline is now available to provide information and advice, as well as practical support to frail or vulnerable Hampshire residents.

The Coronavirus Hampshire Helpline - Hantshelp4vulnerable - can be contacted on 0333 370 4000.

The helpline is available seven days a week, from 9am to 5pm, and is for vulnerable people who do not have support from families, friends or their local community, and who need urgent assistance with practical issues. 

Please note the service is for people currently residing in the county of Hampshire. If you are a resident of Southampton, Portsmouth or the Isle of Wight, and call the number above, you will be signposted to their respective local support numbers.

In addition to the above, the Government has also identified some people who are 'extremely vulnerable' to getting seriously ill from Coronavirus because of an underlying health condition such as COPD, certain cancers and auto-immune conditions and pregnant women with underlying health conditions.

Those in this group will have been contacted by the NHS to request that they should not leave home for at least 12 weeks, and have been advised that if they do not have friends, family or neighbours who can provide support, they can register for help to access food, medicine and social contact via

What sort of help will I get?

The Hampshire helpline is for frail or vulnerable people who need urgent assistance with essential food or household supplies, collection of medication, or who are at risk of loneliness. Please discuss your requirements with our friendly advisors who will ensure you get the help you need.

If you need urgent food supplies, you can expect to receive a food box, typically containing:

  • Pasta
  • Cereal
  • Soup
  • UHT milk
  • Long life orange juice
  • Bread
  • Apples
  • Biscuits
  • Plus urgent household necessities if needed eg shower gel

More information can be found here




Hampshire Safeguarding Adults Board has offered a useful guide for people self-isolating: (link to poster - key messages detailed below):

Here are some things to think about if you are offered, or need, support during this time.

· Could a family member, friend or neighbour who you know and trust help?

· If not, try to use existing and trusted community groups, you can find details on GVA's website here: or by calling the Community Helpline.

· Not sure? Don't answer the door. If you're not sure about an offer of help, ask the person to leave details and talk to someone you trust about it.

· You can contact Hampshire Adults' Health and Care on 0300 555 1386, or out of hours: 0300 555 1373, if you need support or you feel unsafe. In an emergency, call 999. If someone is in immediate danger call 999.