Please use this checklist to ensure that the form has been completed correctly and that all relevant information is submitted.
For works to trees protected by a Tree Preservation Order, failure to supply
sufficiently precise and detailed information may result in your application being rejected or delay in dealing with it. In particular, you MUST provide the following:
- completed and dated application form, with all [mandatory] questions answered;
- sketch plan showing the location of all tree(s);
- a full and clear specification of the works to be carried out;
- statement of reasons for the proposed work; and
- evidence in support of statement of reasons, where required by the standard application form.
For works to trees in conservation areas, it is important to supply precise and detailed information on your proposal. You may, therefore, wish to provide the following:
- completed and dated form, with all questions answered;
- sketch plan showing the precise location of all tree(s); and
- a full and clear specification of the works to be carried out.
Whether the trees are protected by a TPO or in a conservation area, please
indicate which of the following types of additional information you are
- report by a tree professional (arboriculturist) or other.
- details of any assistance or advice sought from a Local Planning Authority officer prior to submitting this form.