The Council is committed to its customers.
To uphold this commitment the Supporting People Team will make sure that:
- we are friendly, polite and helpful;
- you are treated with equity, respect, dignity and independence;
- we will always wear a name badge;
- we will try not to keep you waiting for more than 5 minutes if you have an appointment. The waiting times to see a duty officer are shown in the reception area;
- we are willing to visit you in your home;
- we will, if you request it, provide a private interview in an interview room or an interview by a member of staff of the same sex as yourself;
- we will explain your rights to the service we provide;
- you should leave the office knowing the action we will take. If you request it, we will provide this information in writing;
- if you request information in another language, large print, Braille or audio tape we will provide this;
- we will aim to answer the telephone politely and helpfully within 5 rings;
- we will answer letters politely, helpfully and in plain English within 10 working days;
- your personal information is protected by the rules and conditions of the Data Protection Act 1984;
- we will give you a choice wherever possible;
- we ask for your views and ideas about the supporting people service.
If you think we have not met these commitments you can ask for an appointment with a senior manager to discuss your concerns. We also have a formal complaints process that you can use.
Please also see the information sheets on:
If you would like any more information or have any questions please contact the Supporting People Team on:
Tel: (023) 9254 5602